The boys played great and they can hold their heads high. We have come a long way to compete. A few years ago the hope was just to keep the score close. I love how we went after them in the first half. We played great.
True, we will never match their skill and technical prowess, but we can compete and win, and that is awesome. I imagine we learned a lot from this game, one is that you should never lose a two-goal lead in soccer.
Clint had a great goal and Donovan's was really classy. Timmy was awesome as always, and it was great to see some other guys really blossom - DeMerit, Jozy, Spector and Davies.
Let's hope we can continue this great run and build for next year. One of the things I liked the most was seeing Landon and Clint not happy with the game. They were pi***d they lost and I like that. Be proud of how you played, but hungry to win, even against Brazil.
Maybe this is a good thing, a Confederations Cup winner has never gone on to win the World Cup the next year. Go Yanks.
