Wednesday, August 25

do you smell that?

Blaire says that I am Uncle Rico. Now you might ask, "Why is that Drew?"

Well, could it be that we both are really, really good looking?




Possibly.

Is it because we always get the ladies?

Likely.

Maybe because we are both great salesmen and love Tupperware products?

Sure.

Or because we'd both love to go back to State and win it this time?

Well, yes (2nd place just isn't good enough, in football or track).


But really, she said it is because we both have a huge appreciation for olfaction.

That's right folks, we both love to smell stuff.

I don't know what it is, I just like to smell things. I never really realized it, but I have always liked to smell stuff. Thanks to Blaire for showing me this great quality I have!

If you're confused, go watch Napoleon Dynamite again, and see how much Uncle Rico smells stuff.

If you haven't seen the movie, then repent and go watch it. If you don't like it, then repent and go watch it as well.

Pretty crazy, eh? He always smells stuff. I knew there was always something great about him other than his cool ride.


So in tribute to Uncle Rico and olfaction,

here is a Top 10 List of Drew's Favorite Smells (in no particular order):



10. Tulips. I love that fresh, garden-like scent they give off. And I'm glad I passed on this appreciation to Chubbs.

9. Maple Syrup. It is both fresh and delicious. It makes me want to travel to Canada and become a Mountie. Yet, at the same time, have some waffles.

8. Fresh Bread. What is better than walking by a bakery early in the morning and smelling fresh bread? Buying and eating that bread, I guess.

7. Mint. A classic. Nothing better than the fresh, unaltered scent of a mint leaf. That is nature.

6. Rosemary. It not only looks cool, but it smells the best! By far the best herb and great for cooking.

5. The Caribbean. There is nothing better than the sweet, relaxing smell of the ocean breeze at sunset. Man, I'm glad we moved to Florida.

4. The Northwest. Oh how I love the fresh smell of the clean air after a nice rain. So relaxing. Crap, why did I move away from Washington?

3. Sulfur. When living in Italy, I lived next to an active volcano that emitted sulfur. At first it was weird, but I came to love it. It is such a natural smell. And I guess the fact it was in Napoli, one of the most beautiful places on earth, didn't hurt either.

2. Chubbs & Chunk. Whether it is after a nice bath or the sweet smell of the top of their head's as newborns, it is the best.

1. Blaire. Nothing can compare. This is the no. 1.