Thursday, November 19

Henry is scum.


I now have zero respect for this man (if he even qualifies for that title). Watch this video:



So I guess FIFA gets their way. Blatter and Platini are trash too. After the many actions they have taken to get the big countries into the World Cup, reseeding the playoff teams is the last straw.

So even though France is playing terrible football, they were seeded over Ireland due to their past record.

So Ireland gets screwed (kinda like that person who makes up or changes the rules when you play a board game) and had to play Les Bleus. After going down 1-nil in Dublin, they outplay France in St. Denis, get a great goal by Robbie Keane (who is a stud, by the way) and are looking good.

True, they missed many chances, but going into extra time, they had South Africa in their sights. Then, the free kick happens, a questionable offsides is not called, and Thierry Henry's not once, but TWICE handling of the ball is not called, either. It wasn't even a handball, he freakin' caught the ball with his left hand, and then, touched it again before passing to Gallas.

France moves on, game over.

So is he remorseful? From after the match on BBC Radio Five Live:

"The ball hit my hand, I will be honest. It was a handball, you can clearly see it. (Sebastien) Squillaci went to jump with two Irish players, I was behind him and the next thing I know the ball hit my hand.

"It was a handball, but I'm not the ref. I told (the referee) but he said to me the same: 'You are not the ref.'"

So the ref is scum, too. But then again, he gave FIFA what they wanted, so their plan worked. What a farce the whole FIFA Fair Play program is when we have a ref that clearly missed it, a player who cheated, admitted it, but doesn't seem to care, leadership in FIFA that is supporting inequalities, and a coach that is blind. France skipper, France coach Raymond Domenech said,

''I did not see a hand. It's you people who are speaking about this. Sometimes we feel unlucky like we were against Serbia, sometimes we feel lucky. I just want to congratulate the Irish team. I am disappointed for the public and the fans. In a way, I regret that they did not qualify."

As long as you qualified, right? And which game were you watching? You didn't see it? And how do you still have a job after all these months?

At first, I didn't want Henry to come to MLS, but now I do. I hope he goes to RBNY because they are by far the crappiest club in our league. He can play there in front of the 5k fans per game and come in last place.

Shame on him for cheating, his reaction after and thereby encouraging this to youth players. I hope Barca loses too. The problem I have is that Henry, France, Domenech, and people in the media infer that this is OK. That it is fine to cheat. That if you don't get caught, it is not cheating. Have our morals sunk that low? I'd hate to qualify for the Cup on a lie like that.

Let's hope we draw France next month so we can destroy them in South Africa.

And, oh, BTW, we need instant replay. Then it will be harder for Henry and FIFA to cheat.