Sunday, May 10

blessings of a mother


What can one say about mothers?

It is often hard to put into words.

One of my hero's, Abraham Lincoln, said,

"All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."

Helaman's two thousand stripling sons fought with miraculous power due to what their mothers taught them. In chapter 56, verse 48 of Alma, it says,

"And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it."

Elder Robert L. Backman stated,

"Are women inferior to men? If women understood the full scope of their power to shape the future of the world, there would be danger of their having a superiority complex, for their is no greater power on earth than motherhood! Knowledge of its full scope and possibility should make women feel neither inferior or superior, but truly humble and willing to learn that they may exercise that power unceasingly for the improvement and blessings of all mankind."

And my favorite quote:

"I love my mom because she give me hugs, kisses and cookies."

- Drew, age 4

So I know it is not much, but thank you for all that you do. We love you and appreciate your efforts.

Not just today, but also the other 364 days of the year.

Thanks Mom. Thank you for all your love, patience, support, example and everything else you have given me over all these years. I love you.

To the other girl in my life. Thank you for being you. I love you and think you are an amazing mother. Preston thinks the world of you (he told me once). I am eternally grateful for all your love and support for me. It is such a blessing to see all the love and guidance you give our little Chubbs. I am so blessed to have someone that gives him such love. It is so comforting to see you put his needs before yours.


Thank you for putting aside other goals and dreams for our boy (and other--not yet arrived kids). As Elder Backman said, thank you for being wise women and placing your motherhood above every claim and not allowing it to become secondary to anything else in life.

To all moms out there, thank you. Take a few moments to watch this clip (and as always, pause the music at the bottom of the page first):