Once again the mighty have fallen. So I was at work a few days ago, working away to my little heart's content as I usually do when a fellow coworker came to my cubicle.
After complimenting him on his nice, new threads, he informed me that he just got them from the Men's Wearhouse. What!?! You went there? I was shocked. This establishment is a recent addition to the Ostler Family Blacklist. Now you might ask why such a company is on that list? I mean, who doesn't love George Zimmer, right?

He guarantees it. I grew up with his fine TV and radio spots. He is like family. I still know from his ads that they have a store on Market & Willow Pass Road in Concord, so if I'm ever in the area and need a suit pronto, I'm covered.
A few months ago, Blaire and I went to get me a new suit or two. They were friendly at first, but it was evident that they were only concerned about the sale. The guy treated me like I never wore a suit before. I might be young, but look buddy, I've been wearing suits for years. That is what Mormons do. Plus, a little something called a mission. You should know this, I bought a suit from you at your Provo location.
Of course, he later said I looked good in everything, which, honestly is true, but don't try to sell me. After leaving us for higher profile clients, he came back and tried to sell us on some membership club they have. Ahhh, no.

You know when someone calls you by your first name after just meeting you and it comes off unnatural? Yeah, that was it. Look, just because you read that in some customer service book, doesn't mean it is always gonna work if you don't mean it.
Upon deciding on two suits, we got them fitted. As you would imagine, it took longer for them to get tailored, the price was adjusted because they forgot a charge and by the way, one of the suits was incorrectly tailored. Brilliant! So we ended up returning one of the suits. The one I kept is pretty nice, I like it.
Needless to say my relationship with George and his company is over. Too many issues and unfulfilled promises. So buy a suit somewhere else, or else.
After complimenting him on his nice, new threads, he informed me that he just got them from the Men's Wearhouse. What!?! You went there? I was shocked. This establishment is a recent addition to the Ostler Family Blacklist. Now you might ask why such a company is on that list? I mean, who doesn't love George Zimmer, right?

He guarantees it. I grew up with his fine TV and radio spots. He is like family. I still know from his ads that they have a store on Market & Willow Pass Road in Concord, so if I'm ever in the area and need a suit pronto, I'm covered.
A few months ago, Blaire and I went to get me a new suit or two. They were friendly at first, but it was evident that they were only concerned about the sale. The guy treated me like I never wore a suit before. I might be young, but look buddy, I've been wearing suits for years. That is what Mormons do. Plus, a little something called a mission. You should know this, I bought a suit from you at your Provo location.
Of course, he later said I looked good in everything, which, honestly is true, but don't try to sell me. After leaving us for higher profile clients, he came back and tried to sell us on some membership club they have. Ahhh, no.

You know when someone calls you by your first name after just meeting you and it comes off unnatural? Yeah, that was it. Look, just because you read that in some customer service book, doesn't mean it is always gonna work if you don't mean it.
Upon deciding on two suits, we got them fitted. As you would imagine, it took longer for them to get tailored, the price was adjusted because they forgot a charge and by the way, one of the suits was incorrectly tailored. Brilliant! So we ended up returning one of the suits. The one I kept is pretty nice, I like it.
Needless to say my relationship with George and his company is over. Too many issues and unfulfilled promises. So buy a suit somewhere else, or else.
