Look, I can't say I was happy how things turned out this election. Much of what I voted for lost (except the Fire Levy in DuPont, thankfully that failed), especially for President. Not to say that I was excited about McCain either, because I wasn't. But it is hard when you vow to NOT vote for two people and they are the only two people left standing (sorry, I don't count socialist or green parties as candidates). So unless I wanted to make some stand and vote for a write-in or to spite someone else, I voted for McCain. He has a lot of experience, but not in the economy. I think this was his downfall. That and the fact he picked Sarah Palin. I am still scratching my head on this one. So the GOP rails on the Dems because Obama has no experience and then they select her?
How can you do that with a straight face? If it's possible, she had less than Obama (sorry Barack, it is hard when in 2004, even your wife said you hadn't done anything yet, so why would you run for President. Oh, how four years changes things. I guess running for office gives you executive experience necessary to run the free world). What is scarier? That Palin might run in 2012.
If McCain were smart, he would have taken Romney. What's not to like about the guy? He has the experience, education, leadership and looks. Oh, that's right...politics got in the way. You couldn't take Mitt because you fought with him in the primaries and he is Mormon. OK, now it makes sense. That is sad because he has more experience with the economy than the others running.
Although I'm not a Republican, it was a hard pill to swallow that Obama won. I don't see his experience, I'm afraid of more government, taxes and programs. He has some sketchy ties and with the fear of sounding like the devil when I say this, I don't care for his wife. I don't see the value of going around saying buzz words like change and hope. That, with no true substance seems to get you elected. But, you can't knock his educational experience and he can rally people around a cause. Let's just hope it is a good cause.
It is great to see an African-American President, we have come a long way. But I am a bit wary to say that because I hope he was elected on his merits, not his color. The sooner we stop bringing up race and our differences, making it an issue, the sooner we can overcome racism.
Bottom line is, I am warming up to the fact he will be our next President. And let's face it...did "W" really do anything productive while in office? Let's see, we got attacked on our own soil, the economy tanked, some of our liberties were taken away, we invaded two countries with no solutions, the country became more divided and well, I could go on. At least he helped bring about the reunion of Wilson Phillips.
So the only place to go is up (I hope). Let's not do what happened the last eight years and be negative, railing on the President. We can still disagree with his policies and get behind him. Let's support Obama and give him our prayers. He'll need them. He is our President (in two months) and his title deserves our respect. Let's give it to him and hope for the best.
Then again, if the Pentaverate runs everything, maybe it doesn't matter.
