No hard feelings? I think you are great and all, and I watch many of your movies. But look, I also love Mickey Mouse and we both know that you guys aren't real.
So why lie to the kids? To keep an illusion and help them dreaming? We both know that you can still have dreams and not believe that you are real. Look no further than me. There isn't another adult that has dreams and acts more like a kid than myself. You can still have fun in Fantasyland
and play make believe, but know that it isn't real.
Above all this, the focus shouldn't be on a jolly, yet overweight dude like yourself, but on the Savior and how he can transform our lives for the better.
The focus shouldn't be on what am I going to get, but on who am I going to serve or give a gift to.
We shouldn't use it as a tool to keep our kids in-line. Why do that? Why lie to them?
So look Nicholas, I think you are nice, I mean, come on, our Catholic brothers & sisters made you a Saint, so you are right up there with Padre Pio. But really, we know that just like Padre Pio, you guys really don't replace the Savior or take any of our sins upon you.
So, good luck this year, hope you enjoy your ride on Rosebud and here's hoping we have no hard feelings come 2010.
And until then, if I find a piece of coal in my stocking this year, I'll understand why.
Yours Truly,
Drew
P.S. Thanks for stopping by tonight. As you noticed, Chubbs wasn't too thrilled to see you (no fault of my own), but he did like your two red fire trucks. And he liked all the lights. We enjoyed the Christmas spirit you brought us.
