Cher
has upset Mormons by using a derogatory term in a Twitter attack on
presidential hopeful Mitt Romney.
The
pop superstar, who is a fervent Democrat, sent out a tweet on Friday, urging
President Obama and his aides to get organized or risk losing November's
election to Republican Romney, who is a Mormon.
Cher
wrote, "I Feel if he (Obama) doesn't get all his DUCKS IN A ROW we'll b
forced 2 listen 2Uncaring Richy Rich! The whitest man in MAGIC UNDERWEAR in the
WH (White House)."
Her remarks have upset prominent members of the
Mormon church, who wear formal garments known as "celestial
underwear." The term "magic underwear" is considered offensive.
Wow, I didn't get the memo that I should be offended. And to think that I assumed saying "magic underwear" was just uneducated or bigoted. I also didn't get the memo that said garments are known as "celestial underwear". I thought they were known as garments, but that must be too logical.
If I could turn back time, I'd tell Cher that both Harry Reid and Orrin Hatch wear "magic underwear" (I'm told some refer to them as garments). They've been in the White House, and are clearly whiter than Mitt.
