Monday, November 14

where dreams come true.




Time really does fly. No sooner have we arrived in Florida, and I've already celebrated my one-year anniversary with Disney. And that was three months ago! It just shows you how busy I am to get around to post this.

So what does one-year with the company bring? Besides other things, my glorious Steamboat Willie pin. It's kinda cool we use the 1928 classic for our first service pin. It is great to have it on my nametag and to represent the good ol' city of Fremont.

In my career, I can't ask for much more. Over this short time, I've moved into the Finance Dept. at Walt Disney World Travel Operations and am learning so much each and everyday. I love what I do and it is so great to see guests so happy with our product.

One of the perks working for Disney is how much we work across departments. One example of this is our Cross-U program. I once sold ice cream on Main Street for a day and loved it! What an invaluable experience. But even better than this is my recent acceptance to the 2012 WDW Traditions Team. It is quite an honor to be apart of such a great group. Over the next 18 months I'll be able to facillitate our famous first day training for our new Cast Members. It is a very exciting group to be a part of and I've already learned so much. I love being able to share my love and passion for Disney with others. I love helping continue the rich heritage and traditions that our company has held for nearly 100 years. 

It's so cool that I can be working with profit margin & spreadsheets on one day and taking new Cast Members on a tour down Main Street, USA the next day. Only at Disney.

And even with my extrememly high expectations, the Mouse hasn't disappointed in the slightest. So who knows what will bring us when I hit my two-year anniversary next year.

Whatever happens, whatever role I'm in, I'm grateful to be apart of something so magical. No matter how short or long that time might be. My dream to work for Disney has come true.